Advertisement

[4E5] Roll call!

Started by June 04, 2006 11:17 AM
228 comments, last by userjp 18 years ago
I won't be participating this time. I think the elements are too restrictive, particularly Europe and Emblem. Regardless, good luck everyone and I hope you all win [wink].
....[size="1"]Brent Gunning
Quote: Original post by Alex Darby
I'm going to jump into the frey and attempt to put together an entry with my girlfriend and a mate. I'll probably end up using the Quake3 engine as it's what I know, though heavilly stripped down as our idea is a third person arcade style game rather than a first person shooter.

Make sure that your submission abides by the legal requirements if you're going to use Q3.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Advertisement
I'm in.
Always wanted to do a 4E competition, but never found out in time. Will be submitting mid November.
Count me in. If I finish my game of course (which never happens.. haha).
Dev Journal - Ride the Spiralhttp://spiralride.blogspot.com/
Quote: Original post by superpig
Make sure that your submission abides by the legal requirements if you're going to use Q3.

As far as I'm aware it abides, the engine's open source now like Quake 2 and Quake 1 (which are listed in the resource thread). The only issues I can think of would arrise from use of Q3's assets, which I wouldn't be using anyway :)
Advertisement
I hope to. We can enter as long as its submitted before the deadline right? We didn't need to register before this started?
I'm in, all right. I don't believe I stand a chance, but I'm still in.
Quote: Original post by Rodahue
We can enter as long as its submitted before the deadline right?
Yep.

Quote: We didn't need to register before this started?
Nope.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

I'm in

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement