🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[4E5] Roll call!

Started by
228 comments, last by userjp 17 years, 11 months ago
well, i think i may not be entering actually. i have hit a magical error that just i can not for the life of me solve. i have tried numerous different approaches and run it through a couple different debuggers, but i'm stuck. just plain stuck and sol. on top of that, all the folks i have asked here where i live (will be consulting one of my professors in the coming week, so maybe he will have some insight) and online have no ideas. can't really do much without textures, so i'm probably gonna have to call it quits (for this project) if i can't get this resolved. :(

such is life though. i'm not totally giving up, but probably going to have to face reality -- with school starting next month, if i don't get this solved very soon, it never will be. bummer. oh well, i'll keep pluggin away.
Advertisement
*slowly fondles his compiler's head*
Count me in. I wish I'd entered last year! Been working 3 weeks solidly on an engine from scratch now, its time to start sticking in the game play now!
Adventures of a Pro & Hobby Games Programmer - http://neilo-gd.blogspot.com/Twitter - http://twitter.com/neilogd
Quote: Original post by supercat1
well, i think i may not be entering actually. i have hit a magical error that just i can not for the life of me solve. i have tried numerous different approaches and run it through a couple different debuggers, but i'm stuck. just plain stuck and sol. on top of that, all the folks i have asked here where i live (will be consulting one of my professors in the coming week, so maybe he will have some insight) and online have no ideas. can't really do much without textures, so i'm probably gonna have to call it quits (for this project) if i can't get this resolved. :(

such is life though. i'm not totally giving up, but probably going to have to face reality -- with school starting next month, if i don't get this solved very soon, it never will be. bummer. oh well, i'll keep pluggin away.

i wish you luck, if you haven't already solved the problem. i'm kind of in a bind as well since don't have an image editor atm.. been trying to get photoshop back but looks like i got to find me another method. a free open-source method perhaps. anyone know of a good one?
Check out my 4E6 progress!( Personal Guarantee! You will NOT get rick-rolled. )
Quote: Original post by handless
anyone know of a good one?

The Gimp. Thats what I will be using, as well as Blender for the models, and GTKRadiant for the levels. Sticking pretty much completely with freely availible tools for this!
Adventures of a Pro & Hobby Games Programmer - http://neilo-gd.blogspot.com/Twitter - http://twitter.com/neilogd
I am in, my team's game will be a beatem up game.
Quote: Original post by handlessi wish you luck, if you haven't already solved the problem. i'm kind of in a bind as well since don't have an image editor atm.. been trying to get photoshop back but looks like i got to find me another method. a free open-source method perhaps. anyone know of a good one?

thanks for the support! well, i can now say i'm back up and running. after ditching DevIL which was causing some unknown segfault issues (not blaming DevIL but i think the devpak for devcpp was messed up and wasn't working properly) i have switched to just using tgas only and now have a working image loader for that ... now to get back into the swing of making stuff happen. :)
for (int x = 0;x <
Hey all, I'm new to gamedev, but I've been chillin' over on the a.cc (allegro) forums for about a year. Saw this contest and had to join along. Got a friend to participate as well (Hornpipe). I've got a plan on what I want to do for 4E, but I think I'll save that for another time. Being that I don't want to learn any fancy 3d at the time, it'll be stuck in the ever-nostalgic 2d.

I'd also post something in the screenshot thread, but, considering I don't have one...

Anyway, what's up, gamedev! :)
Quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
for (int x = 0;x <

20; x++) { 4E5RollCallRelated(false, x); }
Check out my 4E6 progress!( Personal Guarantee! You will NOT get rick-rolled. )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement