🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

4e6

Started by
433 comments, last by sirGustav 16 years, 9 months ago
Personally I like the elements from the older contests: Earth, Fire, Wind, Water.
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by AfroFire
Wining, Dining, Kissing, and Thrusting!
[lol]

I don't really mind what the elements are this time around, as long as they aren't anything like last years [smile]

Regards,
ViLiO
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
I hope that the next 4e contest is judged more on the use of the elements rather than just requiring them to qualify for the contest. My team spent most of our time on the element use in the game and it was barely even worth any points in the scoring.
Hopefully the elements won't all start with an 'E' this year... can't imagine what they'd choose. Ears, Elephants, Elegance, Euthanasia?
Quote: Original post by HandCraftedRadio
I hope that the next 4e contest is judged more on the use of the elements rather than just requiring them to qualify for the contest. My team spent most of our time on the element use in the game and it was barely even worth any points in the scoring.

Oh I don't know about that HCR, you did get second place! Seems it might have been worth something, maybe? I thought your entry was pretty cool :) Will you be participating this year?
To be fair, the judging schema was available from before the elements were even announced. There was no 'use of the elements' category.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Quote: Original post by superpig
To be fair, the judging schema was available from before the elements were even announced. There was no 'use of the elements' category.

Yeah, I'm just saying that you might see games that depend more on the elements with their gameplay if you add a judging catagory based on the element use. Just a suggestion.

[Edited by - HandCraftedRadio on April 28, 2007 10:05:50 AM]
Yeah, the judging schema definitely needs a little revision, I agree.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

I'm hoping to enter this year, even though I'll come near or in last :D I'm gonna get in some more practice. Would be nice to get some OFFICIAL 4e6 info, maybe add a page to the contests section from the homepage.
Don't worry about coming in last. This year I came in dead last, though I didn't have much time to put into it. I'm sure you'll do better than me :).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement