Advertisement

4e6

Started by February 24, 2007 06:58 PM
433 comments, last by sirGustav 16 years, 11 months ago
If the game isn't *necessarily* to be played through a browser, publish the Flash 9 movie as an executable in order to get around the browser compatibility issue.
It works on I.E, FF and also runs on Macs.

And are you saying Flex will be supported? From what I know, it is way cooler than Flash.
Advertisement
What about XNA? I hope it'll be supported, not because I think we'll write the game using it (this time), but it's a really nice tech. All you need is to install the redist on the judges' computers.
------------------"Kaka e gott" - Me
Quote: Original post by d000hg
And are you saying Flex will be supported? From what I know, it is way cooler than Flash.

If I understand correctly, there is no such thing as 'Flex support' - Flex is just a way of authoring Flash 9 movies. Flash 9 will be supported.

And yes, XNA will be supported.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Nearly 14k views and just a week ago or so this thread hit 10k views.

Anyway back on topic – I’m passing the time waiting for details by doing engine work – not bad idea for anyone impatiently waiting for this to start.
I'm not even going to concept draw/write on paper until this starts. I guess practice is all right. But it would be nice if we all start from scratch with nothing prepared before hand. Just what im doing.
enalpria.uni.cc
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by superpig

If I understand correctly, there is no such thing as 'Flex support' - Flex is just a way of authoring Flash 9 movies. Flash 9 will be supported.

And yes, XNA will be supported.
You may or may not be correct - I've not done any Flex yet ;) If there is a standalone plugin on top of the Flash 9 one, can I assume that won't be a problem?

Quote: Original post by ShaneHeres
But it would be nice if we all start from scratch with nothing prepared before hand.

It would also be nice if we all had the same kind of time available to work on this, and the same team size, and so on. I have two jobs, an internship, two roleplaying groups to GM, several parties to set up, and the Lorwyn prerelase frenzy to further eat up my time, so my 'game development time' is probably more limited than that of most other participants.

It wouldn't be fair if I didn't get some kind of headstart, would it?
Quote: Original post by ShaneHeres
I'm not even going to concept draw/write on paper until this starts. I guess practice is all right. But it would be nice if we all start from scratch with nothing prepared before hand. Just what im doing.
GameDev is all about people trying to make games. It's not about people re-writing a graphics library for each project. We support good software development practices and acting professionally - which means you re-use existing engines. It's a game competition - lots of people use pre-made engines like Ogre so they don't have to waste time writing an engine themselves.

You may or may not be correct - I've not done any Flex yet ;) If there is a standalone plugin on top of the Flash 9 one, can I assume that won't be a problem?

If there is, and it's not something that your entry can include, then it's a problem. But as I said, I'm pretty sure it just requires Flash 9, which is ok.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement