🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Four Elements - Unofficial Contest?

Started by
156 comments, last by Lesan 14 years, 6 months ago
Since the voting period is over I have closed the link to the element sets page.
Now we will await Lesan to announce the elements.

Then I have to say that if you have a weak heart or some ancestor who had a weak heart,don't look at the image below.
You've been warned.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1627/ufeclogo1.png

Besides that I'm an awful artist,you can also see that I'm using some inspiration for this logo.
The "c" is black because I still don't have an idea for it.
If someone wants the .xcf file I can publish that also.
Advertisement
Well you cant please everyone and trying to do so is a waste of time.
I dream hard of helping people.
I'm curious which element set is chosen. Whatever element set is chosen, I think I'll be able to come up with a nice game idea (I still hope for the element sets that were the most appealing to me though).

As for the logo: would it be a problem if it featured four random elements? (perhaps even a pony with a big wink to the previous contest)

By the way: once the element set is announced, I would like to know which other sets scored well. It would be interesting to see which elements sets people generally like.
The pony's not such a bad idea. :D

Perhaps the logo can wait until the release of the element sets and then you can make the letters in the form of the four chosen elements. (With a pony, of course!)

No problem, TheFlyingDutchman, I will make public the votings for element sets on October 30th.
The contest starts tomorrow.

Get ready.

------
By the way, I had a dream last night. I saw the official Four Element 7 contest page. It had a flame in the logo and it looked exactly the same as Four Elements 6 page... weird dreams....
I know this contest has only just started, but I have an idea for the future. I think if this works out well, we should create our own contest that breaks away from the four elements. Something totally different, or maybe something as simple as having everyone develop a game with no restrictions on what needs to be in it. We could host it on a website like the one being used for the UFEC. There aren't many game development contests on GameDev each year, and I have a feeling the Four Elements contest might not be back for another year or so. I think it would be fun to have a contest that spans maybe three months over the summer. Just an idea.
Another idea that might be better is having whoever is interested work together to develop a small game over the summer. We could share our game dev. techniques and learn from each other while simulating a real project and assigning deadlines. I've never worked on a real project with a team of people and deadlines, so I know I could definitely learn from it. Once again, just an idea.
Did you see this topic (http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=551668), Acticore?

Superpig says it's not possible, unfortunately...
The elements are online. Feel free to discuss them, either in this thread or, preferably, by creating other threads. We can follow the convention that all threads will begin with [UFEC], but since we are the only contest here, it doesn't seem necessary.

The votings for all elements sets will be posted in a separate thread in just a moment.
Proliferation? That makes me think it is going to be the hard one of the bunch...

EDIT: Wait, evolution is in there too? Hmm, looks like this could be a bit more challenging than I first thought...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement