🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The best storline ever?

Started by
115 comments, last by boolean 20 years, 11 months ago
I don''t remember much about the story of Secret of Mana, but I DO remember it got annoying as hell trying to level up all the magics & weapons.

Soulblazer I don''t remember much of the plot of either, but I thought it was quite creative to have to talk to a tulip.

Earthbound I''ve forgotten most of as well, but at the time it was pretty damn creative with all the weirdness you ran into. (And the backgrounds in the fight scenes kicked ass. I used to just sit there watching those for a while before I ever killed anything heh.)
If a squirrel is chasing you, drop your nuts and run.
Advertisement
Secret if manna was awesome. My favortite would have to be FF2/4 (Didnt care much for 5), that had a very wicked storey for the time. Second favorite would be chronotrigger...
Man, so many games i want to play, so little time.

Im almost done chrono trigger, really good so far. Next comes earthbound, ff3/6, terranigma, secret of mana, illusions of gaia ect..

Well taking into account ive only played through a few games that i would consider (i think only brath of fire 2 and snes zelda) il go with breath of fire 2, nobody else seems to like it but i do. Once im done chrono trigger itl will be my favorite, crono just died
--------------------------http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/icons/icon51.gif ... Hammer time
Oh, btw i think this would be better off in the lounge, will probably get more attention that way.
--------------------------http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/icons/icon51.gif ... Hammer time
"Monkey Island 2, Lechuck''s Revenge." - > One of the best.
Saludos.
Planet of the Apes
Well that has to be...

Alpha Centauri

... and having said that I''ll have to also say ...

Alien Crossfire

The storyline is a continuing of the present (which evidently makes it the future ) and not only do I find it realistic (I think that realism in games is hard to come by these days), but also it is exciting.

-------------
E-)mil
"I feel like... I feel like...
Like taking over the world!"
- Day of the Tentacle
Emil Johansen- SMMOG AI designerhttp://smmog.com
I'm not surprised that some people think 'Last Rose in a Desert Garden' is a terrible game. I made it .
Seriously though, some people like depressing games, some people don't. I guess dwarfie likes them .

Now, to the thread's topic. The best storylines. Hmm. Soulbringer, one of the best RPGs ever. The story is not necessarily original, but it's very detailed, very deep. Very archetypal, too.

And Blade Runner. How come no-one has mentioned that? Brilliant, if somewhat depressing, stuff.

And, of course, Quest for Glory IV.

-----
Jonas Kyratzes - progressive game design & development
Press ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.

[edited by - runemaster on June 12, 2003 7:12:50 AM]
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
outcast
Star Control 2 was definatly the best.. the way that the story evolved was what made it so good.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement