🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

GameDev: Arena

Started by
538 comments, last by khawk 20 years, 5 months ago
quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
bobby bot crashes the arena as soon as he throws a grenade. other than that, no problems here on 2 different setups.

no offense khawk, but those have to be 2 of the most stupid bots i have ever seen. lol. keven especially has a habit of throwing useless grenades that do nothing but blow up at his feet as he continues to try and run through a tree yelling "I see him! I see him!" hahahah. thanks for the laugh. i hope it was intentional. if not, my apologies.

I''ll have to check into the bobby bot. He shouldn''t do much. And yes, I said several times that my test bots were not very bright. However, they did serve their purpose.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement
quote: Original post by UfoZ
Comments on the demo:

After time was up, the bot with LESS health won.

Kevin walked right through the rocks -- is that allowed, or a bug?

Thanks, I''ll check into that. Must be a "<" instead of a ">".

Several people have told me about the rocks issue, which is very strange because I never saw it. I saw the bots walk through the rocks partially, but never completely. It''s added to the list of things to fix.

Admin for GameDev.net.

I downloaded the demo but it doesn''t work on my crappy system...
PIII 500MHz, 192MB RAM, Win98 SE, er... integrated video 4MB
Just a tip guys, The exe doesnt terminate on close properly.
So ctrl-alt-delete and kill the process in there, its called 4E4.
quote: Original post by liquidAir

Doesn''t work as in crashes? runs choppy? doesn''t do anything?

Admin for GameDev.net.

I know you said that the bots aren''t so bright, so I''m not sure if this is even an issue.

Are they aware of the grenades that have been thrown that are in their FOV? It seems as though they always just walk into their own, but I didn''t know if that was an AI issue or the way it just is.
--"The greatest pleasure in life is in doing what people say you cannot do." -- Walter Bageholt
quote: Original post by etaylor27
I know you said that the bots aren''t so bright, so I''m not sure if this is even an issue.

Are they aware of the grenades that have been thrown that are in their FOV? It seems as though they always just walk into their own, but I didn''t know if that was an AI issue or the way it just is.

They can see the grenades (actually, they''re "Molotov cocktails"), but they don''t do anything in response to them.

Admin for GameDev.net.

quote: Original post by Khawk

Doesn''t crash. Once it loads, it''s kinda like slow. It just shows a white screen with the status and menu bars, nothing else. Doesn''t handle mouse events immediately. When I click on the menu, takes like 5 to 10 seconds to come up.

Doesn''t crash. Once it loads, it''s kinda like slow. It just shows a white screen with the status and menu bars, nothing else. Doesn''t handle mouse events immediately. When I click on the menu, takes like 5 to 10 seconds to come up.

I guess we found the minimum specs.. it requires a decent video card. If this becomes an issue, maybe I can create a simple 2D version.

Admin for GameDev.net.

I downloaded the demo but it doesn't work on my crappy system...

Doesn't work as in crashes? runs choppy? doesn't do anything?

Doesn't crash. Once it loads, it's kinda like slow. It just shows a white screen with the status and menu bars, nothing else. Doesn't handle mouse events immediately. When I click on the menu, takes like 5 to 10 seconds to come up.

I guess we found the minimum specs.. it requires a decent video card. If this becomes an issue, maybe I can create a simple 2D version.

ARRRGH! I just hope I get my 64MB GeForce before the competition starts

EDIT: Actually part of plans for a new system, but well, I'll have to use it before I get my complete NEW system

[edited by - liquidAir on July 14, 2003 11:49:32 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement