Advertisement

[4E4] Confused about a rule? Not sure if time travel is allowed?

Started by June 05, 2005 10:58 PM
147 comments, last by superpig 19 years, 2 months ago
Quote: Original post by jakem3s90
Maybe it's been stated before and I missed it, but what kind of GeForce 2 will be used to judge entries?

I'm not even sure if any of the judges even have a GeForce 2 level card anymore. If you're asking because of hardware support for certain graphics features, then let's say the top-of-the-line GeForce 2.

I know someone mentioned shaders before.. you can use shaders, but it is probably best to stick with earlier versions.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Quote: Original post by Khawk
Maybe it's been stated before and I missed it, but what kind of GeForce 2 will be used to judge entries?

I'm not even sure if any of the judges even have a GeForce 2 level card anymore. If you're asking because of hardware support for certain graphics features, then let's say the top-of-the-line GeForce 2.

I know someone mentioned shaders before.. you can use shaders, but it is probably best to stick with earlier versions.

Ok, awesome... So can I safely assume that if it runs on a GeForce4 MX, it's good to go?
Advertisement

Ok, awesome... So can I safely assume that if it runs on a GeForce4 MX, it's good to go?

Yeah, definitely.

Admin for GameDev.net.

You know, the frightening thing is I was already making a game that fits into this contest...

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!

Anyways, is there any certain rating the game has to stay within? Does it have to be family acceptable?
----------------------------------------------------------No matter how eloquently you state your argument, the fact remains that the toilet seat is a bistable device. Therefore it's natural position is no more down than it is up.[SDL Smooth Tile Scrolling]
I totally wish that I had time to work on a half decent entry. As if things weren't busy enough as it is with school...

Seriously though, I can tell this contest is going to kick butt. Is anyone willing to show off some pre-beta screenshots, or should I divulge in editing some of the 4E3 screenshots to match the situation?
Quote: Original post by wasted_druid
You know, the frightening thing is I was already making a game that fits into this contest...

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!

Anyways, is there any certain rating the game has to stay within? Does it have to be family acceptable?

Do what you think you need to do to make the game fun. We are not the ESRB.

HOWEVER, if your game contains anything that would only sell legally in an "Adult bookstore", then you will be DQ'd.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement
Quote: Original post by Moe
Is anyone willing to show off some pre-beta screenshots, or should I divulge in editing some of the 4E3 screenshots to match the situation?

Once I've got something worthy of showing I'll consider posting some screenshots. [smile]

- Jason Astle-Adams

Land ahoy!

It does not have to be the stereotypical definition of pirates, but they need to be discernable as pirates as through the dictionary definition.

Quote:
1 entry found for pirates.
pi·rate Audio pronunciation of "pirates" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (prt)
n.

1. One who robs at sea or plunders the land from the sea without commission from a sovereign nation.
2. A ship used for this purpose.
2. One who preys on others; a plunderer.
3. One who makes use of or reproduces the work of another without authorization.
4. One that operates an unlicensed, illegal television or radio station.

Which one? :D
Are there going to be 2d entrys as well? If yes I might join as well.
JSoft@coder.hu

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement