Advertisement

[4e5]Discuss: Europe

Started by June 03, 2006 12:13 PM
115 comments, last by superpig 18 years ago
Quote: Original post by CMPT Games
But it is not Europe, just a basis on it. The geography is not the same, and the factions are not either. The empires are based on european empires and the architecture and politics are too.
Why do you need to be awkward and not have similar geography - how does it help you? Maybe you're already working on a game and that's the reason - 'cos to me a continent that looks nothing like the shape of Europe but has 'European' culture is just making things needlessly difficult!

City 17 was in europe, was it not? Now all I need to do is make a blatant rip-off of Half Life 2, add some sort of coinage, and I'm set!

[ just kidding! ]
Advertisement
Easy solution to kill two birds with one stone.

Make all transactions in your entry use the Euro.
Quote: Original post by superpig
You don't need to include any maps, but you need to convince the judges that it is Europe in some form or another. Using similar architecture is a good start; using some similar names would help too.

Do we get bonus points if the game takes place in oxford?
Quote: Original post by TechnoGoth
Quote: Original post by superpig
You don't need to include any maps, but you need to convince the judges that it is Europe in some form or another. Using similar architecture is a good start; using some similar names would help too.

Do we get bonus points if the game takes place in oxford?

Unless you actually have enough detailed metrics from Oxford to be able to model it accurately, then you'll find it that much harder to convince me that you set it there [razz]

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Thanks for the help. I think that I will probably make many similarities to Europe and still keep my idea.
Advertisement
Hello, thinking outside the box, I was wondering if I can use Europe, the moon of Jupiter instead of the continent?
Is it possible? becuase the rules just mention Europe.
Bye
Quote: Original post by lunixed
Hello, thinking outside the box, I was wondering if I can use Europe, the moon of Jupiter instead of the continent?
Bye

Europa

Notice the 'a'...
Sean Henley [C++ Tutor]Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Kill 2 birds with one stone.
Use Euro as your currency in your economy and it covers Europe too =)
Quote: Original post by Sr_Guapo
Quote: Original post by lunixed
Bye

Europa

Notice the 'a'...

Oddly enough, (or not) Europa is the name of a woman in greek mythology, whom both europa the moon and europe are named after. AFAIK.

I'm using that in my game. So you can't. :p jk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement