Advertisement

[4E5] Screenshots and Art

Started by June 05, 2006 10:15 AM
351 comments, last by XDigital 17 years, 9 months ago
Erm sorry, I mixed up the order. I meant the 3rd screenshot. :)
Quote: Original post by Moe
104 fps is bad??! I guess it depends on how much you are rendering, but considering how sexy those screenshots look, I wouldn't be complaining.

A TV is at ~30 fps. I believe the human eye stops noticing the frames between at ~60-80 fps (may be wrong but i think it is right).
So 104 frames aint bad.
slymrHopefully game is in progress.
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by slymr
Quote: Original post by Moe
104 fps is bad??! I guess it depends on how much you are rendering, but considering how sexy those screenshots look, I wouldn't be complaining.

A TV is at ~30 fps. I believe the human eye stops noticing the frames between at ~60-80 fps (may be wrong but i think it is right).
So 104 frames aint bad.
Well, he was referring to the ~50fps screenshot with a few textures and a fire. If you start adding additional lights or models to that, you might want it to be a bit quicker with the framerate.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.

Quickly, hide the looks of jealousy on your faces.

This is a level editor obviously in-progress: right now you can click a tile from the TileSelectionWidget panel and it will be set as your current tile, but there's nowhere to paint with it yet so it's a bit useless. The title of the window is courtesy of a conversation I was having with one of my friends who is presently addicted to Guild Wars.

EDIT: put up a cropped image - horizontal scroll bars considered harmful.
It only takes one mistake to wake up dead the next morning.
I made some time to actually begin writing some code. All I've got so far is the basic window with a polygon base program, so not anything you haven't seen before. I'll likely end up trying to improve the size a bit more so I'll have more room to work when I start sticking the whole game in there.

Nice screenshots so far.

GameDev.net staff are allowed to participate? Hmm...
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by liquidAir
GameDev.net staff are allowed to participate? Hmm...

Quote: Rules page
GameDev.net staff members are eligible to participate, with the exception of Richard "superpig" Fine, the contest manager.

EDIT: Oh, and some screenshots. I've got sort of per-pixel lighting and point lights with per vertex attenuation going:

Getting a little much for the poor geforce 2 mx, might have to swap to the fx 5200 when the scenes get more complex. Still, I think the requirements should be low enough.

I do get some weird looking shots at times...

[Edited by - RAZORUNREAL on June 17, 2006 8:34:09 PM]
___________________________________________________David OlsenIf I've helped you, please vote for PigeonGrape!
First shot, nothing much though yet

Just got back from camp, and wanted to whip out something basic to start working on tomarrow.
I just posted a couple of preliminary gameplay mechanic videos on my dev log if anyone's interested!

Here's my dev log

And here's a screen shot in case you don't feel like checking out the site:

Good luck on your entries everyone! I had a blast years contest, and so far am having a blast with this one too.

EDIT: I would be honored if you posted a comment on my dev log :)

[Edited by - jakem3s90 on June 22, 2006 10:52:51 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement