Advertisement

4e6

Started by February 24, 2007 06:58 PM
433 comments, last by sirGustav 16 years, 11 months ago
Quote: Original post by twoaterisn
PS does a textbased game stand any chance in this contest?

Yes, of course! Really, any type of game that is finished stands a chance in this contest...
Oh my Fu#$**g god...

I thought people were kidding about ponies, accountants, crystals and explosions... WTF? Are those the real ones...

edit: If I named a vehicle a pony, would that count?
Advertisement
On a distant planet, full of greedy accountants. There are a race of ponies who are slaves to the accountants who constantly mine crystals to make the accountants even richer! You play as an activist pony wanting to rid the other ponies of there slavery and end the crystal monopoly. The only way to do it, blow everything up including the greedy accountants!!

go ahead and use this if you want lol. I'm thinking more along the lines of the core mechanics being completely dependant on the elements themselves (which is starting to make my head hurt).
Check out my 4E6 progress!( Personal Guarantee! You will NOT get rick-rolled. )
Haha userjp, that's almost my idea, except you play as the evil Accountants lording over the ponies in the mines, buying upgrades and defending against Treehugging pony lovers from setting them free.

Hope no one stealz mai preshious ideez *guards idea like rabid squirrel*
Worst. Elements. Ever.

or perhaps not...

So far every idea I came up with would probably fall under an AO rating. I suggest prohibiting farm animals as being an element in any future contests.

Quote: Original post by cyansoft
So far every idea I came up with would probably fall under an AO rating. I suggest prohibiting farm animals as being an element in any future contests.

[wow]
Quote: Original post by brandonman

If you really stretched it, it might work. I asked the same thing earlier in the thread. The basic response that I got was that you could, but it would definitely be stretching it. You'd be better off doing something else for your pony element.

Advertisement
Quote: Original post by Moe
Quote: Original post by cyansoft

[wow]
Quote: Original post by brandonman

If you really stretched it, it might work. I asked the same thing earlier in the thread. The basic response that I got was that you could, but it would definitely be stretching it. You'd be better off doing something else for your pony element.

yeah, the farm animal comment was :O

about my q, thanks. Maybe I won't use that element. have a secret idea that uses the other three though!
These four elements go together quite well in a dream. I think dreaming'll be a significant part of my game.
Bear in mind that you can of course have other things as major features in your game as well. If you want to make your accountants dragon-riders instead of pony-riders then that's fine as long as you either do both the other two elements or include the ponies some other way, e.g. dragonfuel [grin]

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

While my initial reaction was uhhhh wtf. I think this should make for some very very interesting and comical entries.

*edit* There should be bonus props to anyone who includes rick rolling in their entry lol.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement