🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

4e6

Started by
433 comments, last by sirGustav 16 years, 10 months ago
Quote: Original post by userjp
may I suggest you make the accountants explode instead of the ponies? what did a pony ever do to your checkbook huh? think of the ponies!

There is nothing you can do. They put both ponies and explosions in the same contest for a bunch of video game guys to do whatever they want with. AO is out so I'm sure we are going to see a lot of exploding ponies.

------------------------------------------------------------- neglected projects Lore and The KeepersRandom artwork
Advertisement
Any one who think the elements are dumb and can't be used right shouldn't be making games. In my opinion the elements are great because they aren't things someone would think go together. We will have to think about the game instead of throwing together cliche elements.
enalpria.uni.cc
Quote: Original post by superpig
... e.g. dragonfuel [grin]

Superpig, I like the way you think! [smile]
In a world of highly combustible robot accountants your firm is the best. A rival accounting firm has stolen the coveted 'Big Crystal', it is up to you to go get it back. Ride on your mechanical pony and show those accountants who is really... in the black.

I dream hard of helping people.
(dramatic music)

In a distant land...

An evil accountant rules with an iron fist. No dollar shall go unaccounted for, and not a single one is not owned by the accountant himself...
However, one hero will rise among the people to defy this dictatorship, riding his noble steed...
Unfortunately for the hero, the accountant owns a crystal with the power to devolve a creature...
And so, the hero is devolved to a monkey riding a donkey...
Luckily for the hero, he has (drumroll) grenades...

That's one of the ideas I'm toying around with [grin].
Can I feature crystal meth, or is that straying into the AO area? -_-

I am thinking of a game like Tapper, except instead of being a barman you're an accountant (havn't quite worked out why yet), and you have to hold back a hoard of ice-fueled ponies by serving them hits of ice. If you feed a particular pony enough, they'll explode horribly in a big pile of gore. If you don't hit them up quickly enough they'll get to you and rip you apart in a drug induced psychotic rage. :>

I do like the idea of Black Sheep (the movie) style psychotic ponies coming along and ripping you apart if you don't stop them...

- Thomas Cowellwebsite | journal | engine video

Woo-hoo, a contest! Thanks GameDev!

A Tip-o-the-Hat in advance to those of you not entering because you think the elements are lame! You guys are the best!

Ok, let's see....

Dust flew to the air as the book slammed shut. As quickly as they had launched, the tiny dots began to drift slowly down. "Holy Crap,", thought Pete, "the old man was right." Pete rose, clumsily pushing his chair back against the wall, "And, if he was right about that, then he was right about the crystals! I'd better get back there!"

Pete began to turn, then suddenly froze. Specs of dust jolted in unison, then continued to fall. He watched, and listened. whoooom... whooom... He heard the tiniest little sounds. whoooom... Each muffled sound caused the dust to shift, revealing the strength of their source. Whoooom... Bigger that time. "The Counters!," he suddenly realized, spinning towards the door. Whoooom! He moved faster now, beginning to gallop, "They've already started!".
--- "A penny saved never boils."
This is alot harder to incorporate all 4 elements into gameplay mechanics then I thought. anyone else making progress on anything besides storylines? It would be cool to see something like 4e3's winning entry Tarzan, now that creatively involved all the elements. I'm sure that with 180+ days there will be lots of good ideas, praying most of them make it to the end.
Check out my 4E6 progress!( Personal Guarantee! You will NOT get rick-rolled. )
Quote: Original post by ShaneHeres
Any one who think the elements are dumb and can't be used right shouldn't be making games. In my opinion the elements are great because they aren't things someone would think go together. We will have to think about the game instead of throwing together cliche elements.
We could also ban inconsiderate jerks, but where's the fun in that?

And there are, of course, other limitations that may not be obvious. If a team is unable to create decent ponies, or can only create ponies for certain uses, then a great many game designs are out. The same goes for accountants, of course, but at least there are some low-quality human models for free on the internet.

Anyway, I have some neat ideas, but we'll see if they turn into anything usable.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Quote: Original post by userjp
This is alot harder to incorporate all 4 elements into gameplay mechanics then I thought.
Remember, you don't have to do all four.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement