Advertisement

[4E6] Unofficial Screenshot Thread

Started by September 25, 2007 10:10 PM
174 comments, last by cNoob 16 years, 5 months ago
I'm doing a quick mockup to see if my proposed gameplay is actually fun. I need to tweak it because it seems a bit annoying at parts. Here's a shot from the mockup. It's raytraced with per-pixel lighting at 48-bit colour depth*

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Or maybe not*
"It is not enough to merely faces one's fears. One must run screaming toward them,"
hey, New participant, I think i'll be bringing a project (unfinished) up, to the contest, and actually using this to finish it ;^)... here's a trailer... i'll explain the concept after.... you see this...

Project Name: Ellipsy
http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=6306671627483229079
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by nassimamar
Project Name: Ellipsy
http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=6306671627483229079

That music is so relaxing.
Hey there,
for those of you contestants, who only read this thread... Here is my status at the end of my vacation. Still loads of work to do, and the most depressive thing: not even one (in letters: O N E) element included. Neither the pony, nor the crystals, the explosions or the accountant.
Keep on rocking
XDigital

Hosted for free by: Pixilive
Ah, but it is extremely easy to add three of those elements to your current design - just from a look at the screen.
Yes, that's what I'm hoping. The localization is somwhere in horse head nebula, all planet names are taken from pony races, the space stations are called stabels and paddock, the spacecrafts, well pony-class fighter, blooded heavy fighter... crystals can be mined in crystal nebulas, explosions due to space battles and accountants in the story line quests. The most difficult thing is a good mesh for my spaceship drawings, I'd like to have some fine mesh models with reflections and stuff. This would be great. But I have no motivation to run through all these blender tutorials :(
Advertisement
Although not screenshots per se, I did whip up a couple icons in MS Paint representing the various elements. Feel free to use them, if you so desire:

Quote: Original post by Moe
Although not screenshots per se, I did whip up a couple icons in MS Paint representing the various elements. Feel free to use them, if you so desire:

You are making a memorize game :P
Quote: Original post by XDigital
The localization is somwhere in horse head nebula, all planet names are taken from pony races, the space stations are called stabels and paddock, the spacecrafts, well pony-class fighter, blooded heavy fighter...

You're going about that element all wrong. Take a cue from the Muppet Show and do Ponies In Spaaace!
Yes, I was thinking about that. But my wish is to make an earnest game with a story to think about. If you play all 4 factions, which are each totally different and follow the storyline, you will find out that the basis of their aspiration is a common one.
Well, if I finish the AI-Engine, the physics, the landing and starting scene, the quests, the textures, the models, if I find the memory leak, the reason why render to texture is so buggy... *fades out*

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement