Advertisement

[4e5]Discuss: Emblem

Started by June 03, 2006 12:15 PM
84 comments, last by superpig 18 years ago
So how do you think I should emphasise one flag?
Quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
So how do you think I should emphasise one flag?
I think that's going to be up to you. Some suggestions: the player will control one country (with one flag), and that flag becomes very significant during the game. Add some more meaning to it (a revolutionary struggle?) and place it throughout the game (victory! you've flown your flag over yet another deposed dictatorship!) and you ought to be going in the right direction.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by Mushu
I'm happy someone cleared up the Swastika question (I was meaning to ask), because in my game, err, you'll be playing as the Nazis on the Eastern Front of the war. Granted, I wasn't sure about making the Swastika an emblem (or even putting it into the game), but its good to know that the option is there.

Hooray!

For legal reasons, I'd be carefull about using the Swastika symbol as any form of identifying logo. In many countries in Europe, it's considered pretty much as crude as desecrating the Holy Book of your choice or burning someone's flag. Displaying the swastika in Germany is prohibited under Section 86 of the German Penal Code. There's still survivors around the world that survived the german occupation, to whom something like that brings back bad memories.

Just a thought,

Allan

------------------------------ BOOMZAPTry our latest game, Jewels of Cleopatra
just curious, but how many people are going to integrate the "all-powerful" circle into their emblem design - or were thinking about it?
Quote: Original post by dark_shaman
just curious, but how many people are going to integrate the "all-powerful" circle into their emblem design - or were thinking about it?
Eh? Is this different than a normal circle? If not, then I suspect there will be at least one curve somewhere, and therefore, a part of a circle.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Quote: Original post by Avatar God
Quote: Original post by dark_shaman
Eh? Is this different than a normal circle? If not, then I suspect there will be at least one curve somewhere, and therefore, a part of a circle.

no-no it's same as anyold circle - just my sarcastic humour.
Advertisement
There will be 2 main emblems in my game, the Swatzika and the Ouroburos, I dont really have it within my heart to hold one above the other as they are both integral parts to the storyline. What say you?
Perhaps you could create a composition of the two?

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Ohh ok, so im thinking I have this one symbol of them combined, and if I was to show this and only this say on the games title screen you would consider it dominent? Other symbols are allowed though, throughout the game, offcourse? The games set in wartime so there are many sides and also lots of conspiracy and little elite groups within each side etc etc.. There will be alot of symbols!
Could a single letter pass for an 'Emblem'? Something similiar may have already been asked but I can't find anything that would say this is prohibited.

[Edited by - AdamWebb on July 18, 2006 10:27:02 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement