Advertisement

4e6

Started by February 24, 2007 06:58 PM
433 comments, last by sirGustav 16 years, 11 months ago
Quote: Original post by bschneid
I will certainly benefit from the later start this year! The summer is worse than the school year for me finding free time...

Same here! Between working and socializing, I haven't done any programming for over a month. *Gasp*

Still, I'm excited to start this contest.
....[size="1"]Brent Gunning
Quote: Original post by skittleo
Same here! Between working and socializing, I haven't done any programming for over a month. *Gasp*

A month? It's been a lot longer than that for me [embarrass]. Thank goodness for XNA - I might actually stand a chance of completing something this year!
Advertisement
update? :D
Quote: Original post by Moe
A month? It's been a lot longer than that for me [embarrass]. Thank goodness for XNA - I might actually stand a chance of completing something this year!

It's been years since I've done any significant coding. Tried writing something for last year's contest, but got distracted and never finished. I just stumbled across XNA a couple weeks ago and I'm taking a look at it.

My goal is to get something completed and submitted this year. Even if I come in dead last in the contest.
I'm learning a whole lot right now, not so much so I have a chance in the contest, but more because I'm writing my first networked game. When the contest does finally start I hope that I have plenty of experience to make a game that people might actually consider playing rather than just giving me a prize because I wasn't disqualified.
I'm starting to get slightly antsy here... when will this contest start?
Advertisement
Yes, I am too. If the contest lasts as long as last year's did it will have to be extended to mid January at this point... I think.
I think a correct answer is: the contest will start when we'll have the time to handle it. More exactly, when superpig will have the time to handle it. And since we keep him under a constant pressure (you must understand that we like him a lot, so in order to show him our love, we give him more and more work to do), this may happen soon or later. The only thing you know is that it will happen. I think.
Quote: Original post by Emmanuel Deloget
I think a correct answer is: the contest will start when we'll have the time to handle it. More exactly, when superpig will have the time to handle it. And since we keep him under a constant pressure (you must understand that we like him a lot, so in order to show him our love, we give him more and more work to do), this may happen soon or later. The only thing you know is that it will happen. I think.

Gotcha ... understandable ... so what in particular needs to be handled? Superpig said the elements were already chosen, and in years past a lack of sponsors didn't stop the contest from starting. So all that is left is to create a web page, right?

Pardon my scrutiny. This is just something I look forward to during the summer. [smile]

[Edited by - skittleo on July 20, 2007 1:37:17 PM]
We want to try and book sponsors - or at least start talking to them - earlier on this year.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement