🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

4e6

Started by
433 comments, last by sirGustav 16 years, 10 months ago
Well, regardless of when 4e6 starts, I want to give a bit THANKS!!! to SuperPig and the rest of the folks who run the contest every year. I imagine it takes a lot of time and energy to coordinate, and it is very much appreciated.
Advertisement
Cool, can't wait for it to start! If there's anything I can do to help the prep for the contest, let me know. I know there's a lot of ducks to put in a row for these kinds of things. I'll wait patiently.

(twiddles thumbs ;) )
- Edgar Verona"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
I second Tesseract's thanks - thank you Superpig, and all of those involved with the competition. It's great to have the Four Elements contest to look forward to entering, and I'm grateful to you. ^_^

As to the delay, I don't mind at all - in fact, it works in my favour at the moment!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

Actually I am kind of glad we have a few extra weeks. It gives my team more time to get organized.
lol, I had a hillarious idea for the last one, but never had a chance to actually work on it and never signed on as a result. I'm looking forward to coming up with - and hopefully actually implementing this time - another zany idea. =)
- Edgar Verona"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
I actually really liked last year's contest. I had a perfect world, post apolic. set specifically in a city that spanned most of Europe, wonderful emblems since each of the "lords" had one specific image to identify them, a good economy basis, and even mind-control and emotional undercurrents. It was perfect for the contest. :)

Then, I just got a publisher interested in a novel I was writing and had to choose if I was going to work on 4E5 or finish the novel to get published. Novel won, then lost. They rejected it. :( This year, I'm promising myself I won't write a novel for that time frame, depending on the contest.
Well that stinks. I hope nothing distracts you this year, that sounds like it would have been a blast to play.
God, I really hope I will be able to finish my game before it all starts up here. I missed the last years competition and my publisher is on me about me current game so I'll need to spit it out before I can even consider putting energy into this one.. please delay some more ;)

So... can we get any specific date?
How do you sign up for this? I really wanna try and enter since I finished putting together my first ever 3D engine :) would be a good experience I think ^^

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement