🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

4e6

Started by
433 comments, last by sirGustav 16 years, 10 months ago
To sign up, you just make a game/program and submit with the submit form (not up yet). It's simple and easy and you don't need to give address or credit card or anything unless you win a prize that needs it for delivery.
Advertisement
Sorry, but I'm afraid getting the site running at under 10 seconds per pageview is my priority right now. I'll try and pass some work off to other people so that we can get going as quickly as possible once things are more stable.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Wow... you must be a busy man.
He is.
I'm patient and I hope that things work out quickly for getting things back to speed. Besides, as long as you give us ~6 months, the start point isn't that important. Plus, I'm working on the CuteGod little contest until then.
Quote: Original post by dmoonfire
I'm patient and I hope that things work out quickly for getting things back to speed. Besides, as long as you give us ~6 months, the start point isn't that important. Plus, I'm working on the CuteGod little contest until then.

That looks interesting, thanks.
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.
Did someone say that this years 4E would be extended to 6 months? If so that pushes the end of the contest past the new years mark.

Anyhoo, no rush :)
Yeah, I think it's going to run into next year at this point. Unfortunate, but perhaps some people will be able to take advantage of the Christmas break.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

I will certainly benefit from the later start this year! The summer is worse than the school year for me finding free time...
there are good and bad things about the delay.

Good: Gives me a lot more time to practice and get my skills more better
Work is killing me right now...so when school starts back up...no more work, so only school work...which is also a bad thing though. lol

Bad: School. When that starts up, I have a hard math class this year so I must study very much so to pass with an A (my goal this year instead of a B).
Not more late nights. I go to bed at 10:00 on school nights...so no more late nights for the contest.

But oh well. This is one of the best contest IMO that can show off some developers REAL skill. This one is aimed at almost everything (sure, there are a few places that I think the judging should be different but not bad) counts. Lots of contests only count for if you actually do the requirments, and who filled them out the best. That is just what I think though.

Chad

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement