🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[4E6] Libertine

Started by
71 comments, last by XDigital 16 years, 4 months ago
The ring planet with its two moons.

Hosted for free by: Pixilive

The asteroid field from random mesh generator (noise map for random numbers)
Advertisement
The same scene with texturized asteroids (the ring planet in background).

next graphical item will be a spaceship (the pony?)
next ui item will be event handling to switch between space and station/moonbase
trade and quest classes to be determined
first ideas for soundtrack from team mate
very nice :)
The Interface together with Object Selection. Planets are classes now and are fully accessable by mouse click (step towards change between space sim and trade sim).
Looks sweet.
You've got some pretty good looking stuff there! Feel free to post your screenshots in the 4E6 Unofficial Screenshot thread.
Today I incorporated my swarm engine. If it works as wished, spacecrafts can fly in formation, avoid obstacles, use waypoints and attack without scripting or other stuff. Everything is ODE driven...
Well, thats the theory. Right now there is a severe memory leak, the stiffness and damping coefficients have to be optimized, influence spheres have to be added and tons of other stuff. But if everything works fine, there are going to be some nice space battles with about 256 different spacerafts from 4 factions with each 4 different vehicle types.

What you see on the screeny is a pack of ODE nodes connected to each other. Sorry for the less quality.

Incorporated my mesh loader. And guys, I hate (!) OpenGL picking. There is nothing, which I understand less than the behaviour of the picking matrix return values, grrr.

Just finished the 4th of 5 space station meshes. you can see them untextured in the 4 screens. Incorporated the render to texture function to see the clicked object in the HUD. Am really tired now. Vacation is over, process will slow down now - unfortunately...

Quote: Original post by XDigital
Just finished the 4th of 5 space station meshes. you can see them untextured in the 4 screens. Incorporated the render to texture function to see the clicked object in the HUD. Am really tired now. Vacation is over, process will slow down now - unfortunately...

Looks almost like the ISS.

This is pretty similar to the idea that I had, I'll have to watch this one closely!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement